The Argumentation Essay provides a list of 6 pre-embedded articles links and asks students to choose a position from one of articles that they will argue for or against. Its assignment is geared toward the mid-semester source-based writing in an English comp. I or non-research intensive course. Assignment sheet expectations include the following but can be customized to fit your course needs (preview):
- 5 paragraph, third-person
- 2-3 full double-spaced pages
- follows MLA Style document formatting
- opposing viewpoint expectation
- use of direct quote citation
- properly formatted MLA Works Cited page
Click below for a preview of the document.
(note: Previews are in Google Docs, Google Slides, PDFs and JPEGS. Purchased downloads will be in MS Word or MS Powerpoint as live and customizable files. Preview and sample color, design, and language may vary slightly from final downloadable product.)
- Document is fully customizable so you can edit, rename, or PDF it yourself as needed.
- Saved as a editable .docx file, making it compatible with MS Word, Office 365, Open Office, and Google documents platforms as well as Blackboard and Canvas Learning Management Systems.
- This and all other assignment sheets are fully coordinated with our instructional MLA Style citation and documentation PowerPoints (sold separately) as well as our Writing Process and Peer Review Materials (also sold separately).