The Career Exploration Essay requires minimal research, asking students to discuss the pros and cons of their possible/future career by use of the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Handbook and the degree requirements for their intended major/field of student from 1-3 college/university websites. Assignment includes a mix of narration, definition, argumentation, and proposal modes/rhetorical forms geared toward the late-semester source-based writing in an English comp. I or an early-semester comp. II research-intensive course. Assignment sheet expectations include the following but can be customized to fit your course needs (preview):
- 5 paragraph, third-person
- 4-6 full double-spaced pages
- follows MLA Style document formatting
- use of direct quote and paraphrase citation in each body paragraph
- *claim, cite, explain body paragraph structure (correlates with our MLA Citation PowerPoints)
- properly formatted MLA Works Cited page
Click below for a preview of the document.
(note: Previews are in Google Docs, Google Slides, PDFs and JPEGS. Purchased downloads will be in MS Word or MS Powerpoint as live and customizable files. Preview and sample color, design, and language may vary slightly from final downloadable product.)
- Document is fully customizable so you can edit, rename, or PDF it yourself as needed.
- Saved as a editable .docx file, making it compatible with MS Word, Office 365, Open Office, and Google documents platforms as well as Blackboard and Canvas Learning Management Systems.
- This and all other assignment sheets are fully coordinated with our instructional MLA Style citation and documentation PowerPoints (sold separately) as well as our Writing Process and Peer Review Materials (also sold separately).