The Expository Research Essay includes use of 2-3 credible Internet sources and 3-4 library database retrieved scholarly articles to argue the student’s point. Assignment requires third-person, source-based writing using MLA Style formatting and citation/documentation and is geared toward late-semester source-based writing in an English comp. II (non-literary focused) course or a late-semester comp. I research-intensive course. Assignment sheet expectations include the following but can be customized to fit your course needs (preview):
- minimum 5 paragraph, third-person
- 2500-3500 words
- follows MLA Style document formatting
- use of direct quote citation and paraphrase citation in each body paragraph
- *claim, cite, explain body paragraph structure (correlates with our MLA Citation PowerPoints)
- properly formatted MLA Works Cited page
Click below for a preview of the document.
(note: Previews are in Google Docs, Google Slides, PDFs and JPEGS. Purchased downloads will be in MS Word or MS Powerpoint as live and customizable files. Preview and sample color, design, and language may vary slightly from final downloadable product.)
- Document is fully customizable so you can edit, rename, or PDF it yourself as needed.
- Saved as a editable .docx file, making it compatible with MS Word, Office 365, Open Office, and Google documents platforms as well as Blackboard and Canvas Learning Management Systems.
- This and all other assignments sheets are coordinated with our instructional MLA Style citation and documentation PowerPoints (MLA Citation Package 2 sold separately) as well as our Writing Process and Peer Review Materials (also sold separately).