This Narrative Essay asks students to write about a personal learning/overcoming experience, following a specific structure that concludes with a reflection/epiphany; interacts with an embedded link to a poem describing a similar overcoming experience. Its assignment is geared toward the first essay in an English comp. I semester. Assignment sheet expectations include the following but can be customized to fit your course needs (preview):
- 5 paragraph, first-person narrative essay
- 2-3 full double-spaced pages
- student tells the story of their learning/overcoming in the body of the essay
- student explains the reflection/epiphany gained form the learning/overcoming
- follows MLA Style document formatting
Click below for a preview of the document.
(note: Previews are in Google Docs, Google Slides, PDFs and JPEGS. Purchased downloads will be in MS Word or MS Powerpoint as live and customizable files. Preview and sample color, design, and language may vary slightly from final downloadable product.)
- Document is fully customizable so you can edit, rename, or PDF it yourself as needed.
- Saved as a editable .docx file, making it compatible with MS Word, Office 365, Open Office, and Google documents platforms as well as Blackboard and Canvas Learning Management Systems.
- This and all other assignment sheets are coordinated with our Writing Process and Peer Review Materials (sold separately).