The Essay Grading Rubric is geared toward formal third-person essay writing in a comp. I or comp. II course. Also included in our Writing Process Rubrics Package. Fully customizable yet ready to go with language that can be used with any assignment expectations; for example: “Paper does not incorporate 1-2 basic writing prompt expectations. Two or more body paragraphs display weak incorporation of citation or lack the minimum citation expectation.“ Uses common English comp. I and II essay writing structure, thesis/argument development, and citation expectations. Utilizes the following grading categories. Preview
Utilizes the following grading categories:
- Assignment Requirements and Organization
- Thesis, Argument and Support
- MLA Style Formatting, Citation, and Documentation
Click below for a preview of the document.
(note: Previews are in Google Docs, Google Slides, PDFs and JPEGS. Purchased downloads will be in MS Word or MS Powerpoint as live and customizable files. Preview and sample color, design, and language may vary slightly from final downloadable product.)
- Document is fully customizable so you can edit, rename, or PDF it yourself as needed.
- Saved as a editable .docx file, making it compatible with MS Word, Office 365, Open Office, and Google documents platforms as well as Blackboard and Canvas Learning Management Systems.
- Fully coordinated with all our third-person essay assignments as well as our Writing Process and Peer Review Materials (sold separately).