A semester worth of essay assignments included as a package of 3 ready-to-go yet customizable essay assignments geared toward use in a literary focused freshman comp. II or the “research intensive” freshman composition semester. All assignment expectations are coordinated with our instructional MLA Style citation and documentation PowerPoints (sold separately).
- The Fiction Essay tasks students with analysis of a short fiction selection by use of 1 library database secondary source. Requires the use of direct quote citation.
- The Poetry Essay asks they show representation of a social issue within 1-2 poems by use of both credible Internet and library database sources. Requires a mix of direct quote and paraphrase citation.
- The Research Essay includes the choice to have students research an author’s body of work (or 2-3 thematically connected pieces of literature) or a narrowed topic of their choice to research with the use of both credible Internet and library database sources. Requires a mix of direct quote and paraphrase citation.
- Assignment expectations are coordinated with our instructional MLA Style citation and documentation PowerPoints (sold separately) and Writing Process materials (sold separately).
- Assignment sheets come with embedded MLA Style formatting and citation/documentation resource links included within the list of expectations.
- Customizable but ready-to-go as source-based essay assignments featuring embedded pre-selected links to short fiction or poetry resources so these can be implemented into a course that uses any or no textbook.
What’s included in package (listed in recommended order):
- Fiction Essay Assignment Sheet (preview)
- Poetry Essay Assignment Sheet (preview)
- Research Essay Assignment Sheet (preview)
Related EA Materials:
- MLA Citation and Documentation Package 3
- Writing Process Assignments Package
- Writing Process Rubrics Package
- Peer Review Package